Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring

Spring.

I love Idaho and I'm proud to be from here. This is the time of year where I every year I fall in love all over again with my home. I love the smell in the air of plants blooming, dewey mornings and sleeping with the bedroom window open. With Sasquatch just a month away (we leave exactly a month from this morning) I'm officially starting to go crazy.

This year is going to be a whole new kind of adventure but before then we'll be doing a lot of preparing. There will definitely be a lot more moments where I feel like ripping my hair out at my job and repeat to myself in my head the countdown of how much longer I have to be there (right now I keep saying "4 more months... 4 more months...") but I also have to remind myself to enjoy the NOW. And damnit there will be a lot of great moments in the next 4 months!

-Sasquatch (of course) and reuniting with our awesome Canadian buddies from last year whilst dancing our butts off, playing "throw stuff close" at camp and rocking out to the likes of Tenacious D, Beck, The Head and The Heart and Cloud Cult (to name a few).


-Many backpacking trips. Although they may be just 1-2 night getaways nearby it'll be great practice on what is necessary to pack in a backpack you'll be hiking around with and good exercise for our backs and legs. Also, who can resist getting away from cell phone reception and enjoying nature for a few days? I swear every time I camp and have to pee in the middle of the night I'm in total awe of how incredible the stars look in the wilderness. Makes peeing in the woods not so bad ;)


-Friends' birthdays. Some of my friends have spring and summer birthdays and always seem to have something fun going on to celebrate. I'm a big fan of last year's Camp Grumption (Money's bday) and Camp "Keep it Down" (Jenna's bday).


-Rheanne and Josh's 6th anniversary. I'm so inspired by my sister's relationship with her husband Josh and want to help them celebrate their love.


-Jeff and I's 3 year anniversary



-4th of July


-Many many more spontaneous moments like bikerides, swimming at the lake and more.


Basically... Australia is going to be an adventure of a lifetime but this summer will be one for the books as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment