Sunday, September 16, 2012

Just another blog

Since we got here I keep hearing this song that I love and couldn't figure out who it was. Since I can only connect when there is wifi, I can't use my handy Shazam app to listen to the song and tell me the name so I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure it out. It sounds a little like Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" so yesterday I googled "bands that sound like Paul Simon" and after about 30 mins of browsing, I finally found it! It's Xavier Rudd and the song is "Messages". Yay! In the meantime though I remembered the band Rusted Root which reminds me of both the movie Matilda and dancing around with my sister Rheanne :) So now I have been probably annoying Jeff with that Xavier Rudd song along with Paul Simon and Rusted Root. If you've never listened to the Rusted Root one just YouTube it and put "Matilda" after it and then tell me if you can figure out what the hell the singer is saying ;)

Our second night in Yamba consisted of watching a Footy match (rabbitohs vs raiders and then Australia vs Argentina) which was fun in a pub because of all the cheering going on. The actual night of sleep was pretty awful there were a bunch of bloody drunken idiots running back and forth down the halls screaming profanity and knocking on everyone's doors saying "room service!" at 2:00 in the morning. This went on for hours, no exaggeration. I hope their hangovers give them complete hell for days.

Walking to the bus stop in Yamba (again) today we saw tons is Roos in the golf course! They were a little far to get a good photo but we did record some video and took some pics anyway. I'm sure once they're uploaded you can see them.

We made it back to Wollongong safe and sound and are going to bed so we can hit the road for Bega in the morning!


If you want to hear that Xavier Rudd song click here!

1 comment: